Most innovative business to date?

Are apple the most innovative company in the world today? With their constant developments on all their products, you would believe so.

It is not the sole responsibility of an innovator to come up with a new, exciting and different product, but also to identify the problems that customers are facing, what they would like to see in a new product and relate this product to these needs. A product that no-one needs is not going to be profitable.

It seems that once again Apple have cracked their way into another market. Apple have began to publish textbooks on their products. The 2 problems I have when purchasing textbooks is:

A) Price - They are far too expensive. Normally around £40-£45 each. Being a student, it is a known fact that I dont not have money coming out of my ears.

B) Size - They are big, bulky, maybe even 600 pages each. This means it takes so much more effort to carry them to and from lectures.

Once again, Apple have managed to solve this problem for me. With their new textbook publishing initivative, its is possible to buy textbooks and store them on my iPad. This way, they are lightweight, and when i am purchasing them for an average of about $14 each, they are also saving me money.
Apple have managed to crack a $10 billion market, and are going to do well.

Do I believe that Apple are the most innovative business to date? You can bet your iPad I do.

RIP STEVE JOBS

No comments:

Post a Comment