What is innovation?

What is innovation? Good question! Before starting university I had absolutely no clue. Walking into my lecture with INNOVATION written on the board was quite daunting. As my lecturer began to speak, I was taken in by this word. Innovative. Why have I never been innovative before within certain workplaces? I have no idea.

Innovation is often described as introducing something new, offering your own ideas or listening to the ideas of others. Innovation includes improving systems and processes, and if a person has a creative idea, they turn this idea into reality. They put their ideas into practise to try and make something better. 

There are many different formats of innovation, which I will go into further details during the course of this blog. Some of these different formats include strategic, process, product, social, philosophical and political innovation.

From the lectures I have had so far I have begun to understand that being innovative is important within a business structure. Innovative people can bring new ideas to companies, and can build and develop and improve existing ones. Companies need to continually change and develop and produce new product cycles (innovate) in order to constantly stay on top of the market and become number one.

1 comment:

  1. I have found that this site is very informative, interesting and very well written. keep up the nice high quality writing Replacement HEPA Air Filters for Dyson Airblade Hand Dryer

    ReplyDelete